Friday 31 August 2012

Euro Trip - What Weather is this?

Cold? Wet? Really? Waking up today around 11am here today, but 5am for me still being jet lagged. It was cold. I didn't want to move out from under neither my down comforter. I was so warm! It was pouring outside. I got some breakfast, had a long warm shower and got dressed. I put on most of my warm stuff and set out.




I had no idea where to go. The streets are confusing and tight and the country side…I have no hope of understanding the signs. I thought I was going the wrong way when I passed a sign with a red slash through it, but apparently that just means that you have exited the town. People were staring and stopping to watch me go by, I thought I was doing something illegal. Is it illegal to ride in town on Fridays? I guess they didn’t think anyone would ever want to bike on such a cold rainy day.
Then I got home and realised we had left windows open. The apartment was freezing, so we turned on the oven. That was effective seeing the central heating system wasn’t even on. Our stuff is still not dry as we do not seem to have a dryer…or any laundry machine. We’ll see, working on my German now!


Town

Don't let the cows out?

Left or Right?
Flood issues?

Horse, and the sound of a rooster

No comments:

Post a Comment