Monday 13 August 2012

Buckwallow O-Cup

No pre-ride Saturday after three inches of rain. Water and puddles everywhere. This was the scene for the Buckwallow O-Cup

For race day it was overcast and cool. The sun shone a few times. The trails dried up and became actually quite tacky. A wonderful way to race

After destroying myself at road provincials the day before I knew this was going to be a challenge. With the abundance of double track it was full gas and then rip the single track as fast as you could. If it weren't for the single track I don't think I would've been able to drop fellow roadie Brendan Etzl (who won road provincials the day before). It was a good course. A bit of rain in the last lap added to the fun. Only dinged my rim a couple times, scaring the heck out of me!

Good times though. Took the win with a 5 minute lead. (I do ride at Buckwallow quite a lot)
Overall great event!
Thank you everyone at the Buckwallow event for the huge support! Chico racing! Thanks to Angry Johnny's Cycling Club for baking some goodies for the bake sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment