Thursday 30 August 2012

Euro Trip - Stage 1

The flight... After arriving man hours before my flight, getting all my bags checked in and saying goodbye to my parents, I was off. The flight was 8 hours and we made good time. Right as I was about to fall asleep they served dinner... I proceeded with caution. It was a pasta meal, not too bad, not too salty. I gave my brownie to the Germany woman sitting beside me. She enjoyed that, but continually tried talking me into indulgence.
The airport MUC... WiFi sketch of the world! Nothing wants to actually connect. But it's a nice place. Good size. Plenty to do, from clothe stores, to lingerie stores, to shoe stores, convenient stores, and the Ke$ha outlet store (extreme hipster).
Waiting now for team Canada to come pick us up!
With a large cargo van filled of bikes and a bus filled up with all of our stuff we were on our way! Loading up on any food from the airport that was good because this was going to be a long bus ride. The bus ride was on fast highways, twisting streets and tight towns. I was very impressed with the driving skill, and also scared for my life at multiple points. Driving along the edge of a mountain looking down 500, 600, 700 feet with no guard rail and going 80km/h was fun...
After using the GoPro for some of the gnarly roads and mountains we arrived in middle of no where Saalfelden! At some gorgeous chalets/apartments! After building the bikes and connecting to WiFi it was off to acclimatizing...which I should be doing rather then blogging! Ha, bye!

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking about you all the way. Aren't those mountain roads crazy???

    ReplyDelete